A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
The year is 1980. You have time-travelled over 4 decades back, into the era of arcade games. You visit your favorite arcade games, like Pong and Space Invaders, but when you play Pac-Man... well, it is a tiny bit different. Turns out, the arcade machine that contains this version of Pac-Man (dubbed "ParaPac") is a failed time machine, made by the government.
A few years later, the goverment covered up project ParaPac, and replaced it with the Pac-Man we know today. However, you think that if you finish the boss level, the arcade machine will time travel you back. It will be very difficult though, as NO ONE has finished a game of ParaPac.
However, you are filled with determination, wanting to go back to your era.
PacaPac is like Pac-Man, except that there are a few "small" twists.
1. After travelling to a parallel universe, you gained the ability to travel through dimensions. Press P to activate this power.
2. There are shops that allow you to buy numerous items, like powerups and extra lives. Each dimension has at least one shop. You use the coins you get from the yellow balls to buy items.
To win, collect all the coins in the boss level, and get to the green square.
1. Download the zip (currently only supports Windows and Linux)
2. Extract the zip into a folder
3. Run ParaPac.exe in the extracted folder
P.S. For other platforms, we recommend running it from source provided here on GitHub